The Chairperson of the Goa Human Rights Commission is Justice P. K. Misra,
Former. Chief Justice of the Patna High Court
Born on 17.09.1947 in an illustrious family in Orissa.
He obtained a Degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Political Science in the year 1966 from Ravenshaw College.
Passed LL.B. in first class from M.S. Law College,
Cuttack in 1968 and was awarded Gold Medal by Utkal University for having secured first position in the University.
- He obtained a Degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Political Science in the year 1966 from Ravenshaw College.
- Passed LL.B. in first class from M.S. Law College, Cuttack in 1968 and was awarded Gold Medal by Utkal University for having secured first position in the University.
- Secured first position in LL.M. from Punjab University, Chandigarh in 1971.
- Joined the office of late R.C.Patnaik, who later on became a Judge of Orissa High Court in September, 1981 and of the Supreme Court in December, 1991.
- Had extensive practice in Criminal Law and Civil Law as well as constitutional Law and Service matters in the High Court of Orissa and the State and Central Administrative Tribunals.
- He was Member of the Orissa State Bar Council for three terms continuously from 1979; Member of All India Bar Council During 1989 – 1991; Chairman of the Orissa Bar council from 1991 till elevation. He was Secretary of the Orissa High Court Bar Association for the period 1990 – 1991.
- He was Retainer counsel for C.B.I., from September, 1987 till September, 1994. Had appeared for the Orissa State Electricity Board and several Municipal Councils.
- He was a Part-time Lecturer of M.S. Law College during 1972 to 1975 and 1980 – 1981. Also acted as Resource Person in a Training Programme relating to Environmental Law for the Law Lecturers conducted by National Law School of India University, Bangalore, and the Judicial Officers of Andhra Pradesh conducted jointly by Andhra Pradesh Judicial Academy and National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- An avid sports lover, he represented Ravenshaw College and M.S. Law College both in Cricket and Table Tennis and was the Captain of Orissa Bar-XI, which had participated in Cricket competition of different State Bars held at Bangalore during the year 1992.
Mr J. A. Keni
Shri. J. A. Keni, Member of Commission expired on 23/09/2018.
He was appointed for 2nd term on 4/3/2016.
He was former member of Goa Public Service Commission.